So tell me.

A Guest Post by Kara Jane Spencer

Stonebird is proud to publish this stark reminder by  Kara of the the real symptoms of ME and how serious they are.

"So tell me.

To what extremes would you have to push your body, that it would faint and vomit due to the sheer level of exertion you were putting it through?

For my body with very severe ME, the level of exertion which results in fainting and vomiting, is just going to the toilet. Not even walking there, or standing. Being hoisted into a toilet chair and being assisted by carer's every step of the way. That's it. That is my maximum exertion level.

I DO NOT want sympathy. I consider myself fortunate. I have friends with this disease fighting for their lives.

But I DO want awareness and for you to consider the level of dysfunction we are talking about here. Objective measurable dysfunction; heart rate erratic, bp low, temp low, oxygen low, hypoxia, low blood perfusion to the brain etc.

Serious dysfunction from exertion of = Going to the toilet assisted and hoisted.

So tell me: To what extremes would you have to push your body, that it would faint and vomit due to the sheer level of exertion you were putting it through? "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I am 64 and other false positives : The PACE Trial.

THE STONEBIRD DEFINITION OF SEVERE ME

Paralysis, a qualitative study of people with Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis