The Wall

One of the ways I cope - survive as a carer, is through ongoing learning. But have I overdone it this time ? 

Right now  I have a Life Coaching course to complete - the deadline looms, I have also started a demanding 6 week Creative Programming Course - yesterday, half way through,  the first assignment was due...plus  I am working on the revised version of my Severe ME book.

Yesterday was  a day of screaming torment,  for Linda.

As the deadline came and went I was a mess. I could not string together a single line of code. It was an awful place to be - on top of everything else  I badly wanted to give up. But Linda was able to perceive  that I was coming from a victim , not a true authentic position. Her wisdom, courage and encouragement pushed me on and over that concrete wall I had hit.

Incredibly I  was able to sit down and write some basic  code that graphically, dynamically plays one of my songs with swirling, multicoloured words and interactive mouse movements : I am attaching a screenshot. So okay I missed the deadline. That's okay...the precious , invaluable learning lay in breaking through my fears - the helpless "I Can't" that had me reduced to this  frozen heap.

Linda knew I can !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I am 64 and other false positives : The PACE Trial.

THE STONEBIRD DEFINITION OF SEVERE ME

Paralysis, a qualitative study of people with Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis